After a dispiriting second quarter the industry appears to have recovered some of its mojo in the third quarter of 2016. For many companies ‘business as usual’ has become the post referendum motto.
- 6,750 homes started in Q3 2016 compared to 4,940 in Q2.
- 4,830 home sold in Q3 2016 which is 27% down on the quarterly average for 2015.
- 55% of sales since 2009... have been in the mid-market from £600 to £999 psf.
- 6,860 units completed construction during Q3 2016, which is a record amount – it is 120% above the average for all preceding quarters since the start of 2009.
- 4,830 units sold during Q3 2016, which is 27% down on the quarterly average for 2015, but is 9% higher than during Q2 2016 and is 19% higher than the average for all preceding quarters since the start of 2009.
- Since 2009 55% of sales have been in the mid-market, from £600 psf to £999 psf, compared to 15% for under £600 psf and 30% at £1,000+ psf (all based on current asking prices).