Terms and Conditions of Use
Molior cannot be liable for any damages, costs or losses arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully, before using the Website. By accessing any part of the Website you shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions in their entirety, regardless of whether or not you have applied for or hold a Molior London Account.
- This website (“the Website”) is operated by Molior London Limited a company incorporated in England with registered number 6747630 and having its registered office at 5 North Street, Hailsham, East Sussex BN27 1DQ and whose trading address is 70 Upper Richmond Road, London SW15 2RP (“Molior”).
- Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms & Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. You will be required to read and accept these Terms & Conditions when you first login to the Website. Molior may revise these Terms & Conditions by posting an update on the Website and your continued use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms & Conditions of use, you must stop using the Website immediately and you may not subscribe to the Online Service.
- As a commercial and business service the Website is not intended for use by minors.
2. Definitions and Interpretation
To ensure that the meaning of these Terms & Conditions is clear, we have listed below some of the words which we use which have specific meanings:
Us, We and Our
Molior London Limited, a company incorporated in England with registered number 6747630 and having its registered office at 5 North Street, Hailsham, East Sussex BN27 1DQ.
You, the person who accesses and uses this Website and/or the Online Service.
An online account which is made available for sale and provides access to the Online Service. The Online
The business information and networking services provided by us via the password protected section of the Website.
Access via licence to use the Online Service.
3. Creating and accessing a Molior Account
How to apply
In order to access and use the Online Service on the Website, a Molior Account must first be created. You can only apply for a Molior Account directly, either by email [email protected], by phone 020 88770022 or in person.
Formation of a contract
If we accept your application for the creation of a Molior Account, we will confirm this by email and at that point a legally binding contract will be created between you and us. The contract will be concluded in the English language and the provisions of these Terms & Conditions shall govern the agreement.
Errors in your profile information
When creating an Account, the information you provide must be accurate and complete. If any of your information changes at a later date, it is your responsibility to ensure that your Account is kept up-to-date. If you made any mistakes in the details you gave to us when applying for a Molior Account; these errors can be corrected by accessing the Online Service and editing the sections on the relevant page.
Refusal to create an account
We reserve the right, at our discretion, not to accept your application to create a Molior Account. This may be:
- due to technical constraints;
- because you (or any business associated with you) has been banned by us from using the Online Service; or
- because we don’t consider you to be part of or closely related to the London residential development industry or we are otherwise unable to verify your status;
- other circumstances at our discretion.
4. Your rights
We grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive licence to use the Online Service in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
The above licence is strictly subject to your compliance with these Terms & Conditions.
Requirements for use / Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- only access the Molior Account which has been allocated to you; and
- only use the Online Service for legitimate business purposes connected with the London residential development industry (including associated social activities);
- not transmit, or re-circulate any Materials to any third party (unless specifically authorised to do so by Molior).
- display Materials electronically on a single computer, or mobile device to one person at any one time;
- print one copy of the Materials where permission is granted (and not further copy them).
- quote brief excerpts from reports provided Molior London Limited is credited and you refer back to the original source.
User Generated Content and Prohibited Material
You are prohibited from submitting any material via the Online Service which is or which links to or refers to any material which:
- is threatening, abusive, malicious, defamatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit, blasphemous, profane, intended or likely to incite racial or religious hatred, or is otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way in terms of standards prevailing from time to time in the United Kingdom;
- relates to gambling;
- is unlawful or which encourages the commission of a criminal offence;
- contains a virus, worm, trojan or other hostile computer program; or infringes any intellectual property rights or data protection rights of any third party (including, without limitation, using the Online Service to send unsolicited e-mails for the purposes of direct marketing, or uploading documents belonging to your employer without authorisation).
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to publish or not to publish any material you submit using the Online Service, to amend any such material or to remove it following publication.
Other things you must not do
You must not:
- do anything which could reasonably be expected to damage, disable, overburden, or materially impair the Online Service or our Website generally or which is likely to interfere with any other party's use or enjoyment of the Online Service;
- use the Online Service for the purpose of accessing any content which you should reasonably suspect you are not authorised to access;
- question or dispute our ownership of the intellectual property rights in the Online Service and the Website; nor
- use the Online Service if you are one of our competitors (or if you plan to become one) or otherwise for the purpose of conducting any benchmarking or comparison with any comparable or competing service;
- not create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes Molior Materials.
You are ultimately responsible for administering and safeguarding any passwords created to control access to your Molior Account: please keep any password issued to you secure. Sharing of passwords and user names is in breach of these Terms & Conditions and may result in the suspension of your account. All passwords are encrypted on our site.
5. Who owns what
Rights in information you submit
Transmitting materials using the Online Service does not transfer ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property rights in those materials to us. However, by transmitting any materials using the Online Service, you irrevocably license us to share these materials with authorised users of the Online Service and with law enforcement officials in the investigation of fraud or other alleged unlawful activities.
Rights in the Website
All copyright, database rights, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in the Online Service and in the Website generally are either owned by or licensed to us and nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall transfer any ownership rights to you.
Links to other websites
Links to third party websites accessible either through the Website or Online Service are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. Molior has not reviewed these third party websites and you accept that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. In addition, it does not mean that Molior endorses or accepts any responsibility for that website or its content.
6. Closing and suspending your Molior London Account
Closure by you
You can close a Molior Account allocated to you at any time by sending an email to [email protected]
Suspension while breach is investigated
If we reasonably believe that your Molior Account is being used in any way which is not permitted by these Terms & Conditions, we reserve the right to suspend your access to the Online Service immediately and until the issue has been resolved to our reasonable satisfaction.
Closure on breach
If you (or if other personnel you are associated with) fail to abide by these Terms & Conditions, we reserve the right to permanently cancel your Molior Account.
Closure by us without cause
We also reserve the right to close your Molior Account for any reason, by giving 24 hours’ notice. Also, if your Molior Account is not used for a continuous period of six months, we reserve the right to close it without notice.
- How we may use your personal information
IMPORTANT: This section restricts the extent to which we are liable for any losses which may be suffered in connection with your use of the Online Service. It also requires you to compensate us for any loss we suffer as a result of your failure to comply with these Terms & Conditions.
You acknowledge that the Online Service is provided “as is”, and whilst Molior endeavours to ensure that information on the Website or via email is accurate and complete, it is not intended to address your particular requirements and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by Molior. We make no guarantee that the Online Service will be suitable for your intended use, neither do we guarantee that it will be error-free, timely, reliable, entirely secure, virus-free or available, especially since we are dependent on the reliability of the Internet and your use of your own computer to access the Online Service.
Molior will endeavour to make the service available 24 hours a day, however, it will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. We will try to keep disruptions to a minimum but Molior may suspend the Online Service temporarily to carry out maintenance and support work or for any other reasonable cause.
Molior will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website or our related materials do not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code.
The information on the Website is not intended to constitute professional advice, it is provided for general information only. We will endeavour to ensure that the information provided by the Online Service is accurate and complete but some information is supplied or accessed via third parties and its accuracy will not have been checked directly by Molior.
Exclusion of our liability
You use the Online Service entirely at your own risk. We do not restrict our liability (if any) for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, for fraud committed by us or for any matter which it would be illegal to limit or to attempt to restrict. We exclude all other liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage arising in connection with the Online Service (even if we have been advised of their possibility.)
Expressly excluded loss and damage
For the avoidance of doubt, the above exclusion of our liability extends to (but is not limited to) loss or damage due to:
- errors or omissions from information, materials or functions in or of the Online Service;
- business interruption resulting from the use or inaccessibility of the Online Service;
- collaboration with any third party as a result of using the Online Service (we will not in any way be construed as a party to such collaboration, nor shall we be liable in any way for the dealings you may have with that third party);
- information provided by other users of the Online Service which you rely on or otherwise make use of;
- information provided to other users of the Online Service which such users misuse in any way;
- viruses, worms, trojans or other hostile computer programs that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your use of the Online Service;
- computer failure resulting for any reason from the use of the Online Service; or
Limitation of our liability
Any warranties which cannot be excluded are, where permitted, limited in duration to 90 days from the date your Molior Account was created.
Liability to us
You shall personally be held liable for any reasonable costs and expenses incurred by us as a result of breach of these Terms & Conditions by you.
General legal matters
Changes to this contract
We reserve the right to change these Terms & Conditions from time to time and therefore we may impose new or different terms and conditions on your use of the Online Service. These additional terms will be posted on the Website and will be effective immediately they were posted. Your continued use of the Online Service will be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of all of the new terms. These Terms & Conditions may not otherwise be changed without our written consent.
Transfer of rights & obligations
We shall be entitled to transfer our rights and/or obligations under these Terms & Conditions to another party. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms & Conditions without our written consent.
Waiver and severability
If either you or we ignore any breach of these Terms & Conditions, it doesn't mean that any further breach cannot be enforced. Similarly, if any part of these Terms turn out to be invalid or unenforceable for some reason, then it will be replaced with a provision which, as far as possible, achieves the same purpose as the original, and the remainder of the agreement will still be binding.
Moderation of interactive areas
The interactive sections of our website are self-regulatory facilities which are not monitored regularly by us. Certain users of the Online Service are appointed to help moderate use of the Online Service by deleting content where they deem appropriate.
If you have any complaint regarding activities of other users of the Online Service, you should, in the first instance, refer the matter to us by emailing [email protected] We will endeavour to deal with such complaints expeditiously and where necessary, refer the matter to the appropriate law enforcement agency, where the dispute is of a criminal or otherwise illegal nature.
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law. If any party wants to take court proceedings in relation to the Online Service, it must do so in the courts of England. You are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws of the country from which you use or otherwise access the Online Service.
For further information please contact Tim Craine on 020 8877 0022 or email [email protected]
These Terms & Conditions were last updated on 25th May 2018.